Wednesday, April 27, 2005

LIKE OR UNLIKE..


Have you guys ever thought about who are your friends? Consider people to be of 2 different categories : people like you & people unlike you (with complimentary qualities ) say like , bold/shy; outgoing / reserved; Have you observed whom do you get attracted to and whom do you get along with better??

I have a friend who is just complementary to me. She is so calm, so reserved, never comfortable in crowd...Infact, her likes and dislikes are just opposite to me that, when I go to buy a gift for her, I would just get the thing which I don't like at all and that would be her favorite one.. But, whenever I happen to meet her, I get enthralled!! I admire how she is and I wish to spend little more time with her.

But, even in general, from what I observed, I think I get easily attracted to people with complementary qualities to me and I have also seen my unlike friends reciprocating. Well, of course, I can get along very well with people 'like me' , though not easily attracted. But, personally, I have never had close friends before, who are like me which may have made me assume that complementary people are those who get along better.

When it comes to a partner, have you thought about what kind of partner you will be comfortable with?? In fact, I have argued with my friend (few yrs before ) that a person just opposite to me say like calm, not so outgoing, not over enthued would be the best. I used to think some complementary qualities will compromise each other’s deficit and ultimately they will have everything.. Maayaa at maayaa!!!!

But with time, I feel I am wrong... In the recent past, I got to know many people like me and moving with them made me change my opinion. I can feel some sort of ease and inner happiness when I move with them. I can feel that I don't need to bend myself (adjust) every time which I had been doing all these days unconsciously . I now think that I can move / get along better and stay happy with LIKE people.

How much so ever we have the attitude( or you try to develop the attitude) to adjust, there is the 'ease' and the 'being yourself ' factor . When we grow up, we tend to give importance to that.. That 'being yourself factor' remains undisturbed when you are with people like you.. When it remains undisturbed to a decent extent, I think we feel much happy within our selves. Say, for eg, you may be a reserved person and you may admire or get attracted by an outgoing person.. You may feel how nice this person is.. But, when you want to be yourself, being along with that person, in the long run, may not let you as you are and vice versa to that person too.

I am not trying to generalize that like people can be the best partner. I may be wrong .... But it’s just my opinion..

Innoru vishayam!!! When you get to deal with a like and an unlike person on a single context, have you observed that we naturally tend to side one of them (like), but attracted to the other (unlike) - may be for being so different !!! Enna, naan solrathu sarithaane!!!

Yosichu sollunga!

16 comments:

Venky said...

Priya,
Nee nalla thaane irundae!! enna dhidir nu maya effect kudukare? CV (Chandramukhi Vanaram) odu rombha pesariya?

Subha said...

Maayaa,

Enakku indha deep logic-ellam puriyalai..idhu varaikkum, enakku pala vidhamana friends irundhirukkaanga..I can't categorize any of them nor do I wish to. Each person has multiple facets and it is hard to fathom complexity in a personality easily.

Muthukumar Puranam said...

enake oru particular behaviour fix panna mudiyadhu..it keeps varying beacuse of internal and external factors..apppidi iruka, how and why shud I judge others..the dynamics of relationships are too complex to discuss here.

Muthukumar Puranam said...

Leaving our classification criteria..you have the ability to like both parties. Nice quality to have.

Badhri said...

Based on my observation, I feel that we tend to like people like us because our opinions concur and we agree on most things than differ. We admire people who are unlike us because they probably have something that we wish we had.

Priya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Priya said...

guys
i agree that everyone behaves differently with different people..i also agree that there are some people who are at the middle of the spectrum .But when i mean a category ,i refer to their real self..
see, my self is being pretty talkative/ frank/ outgoing.. but i may not be so with all.. but in most of the aspects , i should be considered open/ frank...

also, i am not saying to consider specific abt any quality.i mean to say ur like and unlike , say in anything YOU wish to consider...

i dont know if i am conveying clearly / confusing you..hehee

Anonymous said...

M _ _ _ _ ,

Like poles repel and unlike poles attract .. Edha than solla variya ?

Enaku entha Logic Puriya maatrathey !! ;) ..

Anonymous said...

As Muthukumar Puranam says, the very dynamics of a relationship cannot be restricted by discrete contexts, situations or a few conciliating factors. Probably what you had in mind was to differentiate between your shy and not-so-shy friends, but depending on place and time such factors are also subject to change and people also change their responses.
Depending on which, your 'like' factor could also somersault !

On more deliberations, I would opine picking a partner is a different ball game than picking friends.

Prabhu said...

onnumee pirilla paa!
enna solla vara mudivaa?

even for ppl who are generally considered calm/reserved tend to become outgoing and expressive when it comes to issues which interest them!

Anonymous said...

i agree with badhree..

virumandi said...

hi maayaa

first of all..the name is too good..the name, i wuld love to have!!! i dont know how u thought of such a name..but itz awesome. the blog was good..i have never seen this side of you...strange things happen when u start writing..something inside us pushes us to be what v really are..keep it up..priya..well, i prefer maayaa!!!!

Priya said...

Thanks virumaandi,
i didnot think of this name.. its originally my name...

SatheeshR said...

Yosichu sollunga!...

Priya,
Well, I would if I can get a simple answer if I kept ponderin on the question !

That was certainly a different perspective offered. As you mentioned, it is quite interesting to get into the shoes of a neutral third person and observe your own activities ! It might bring out some vivid scenes about one's own self.

You style of writin is quite different and nice. Keep'em comin.

Priya said...

Hi satheesh
U r right that it might bring out some vivid scenes

and thanks a llot for encouragement!!!

Anonymous said...

warhammer gold warhammer money warhammer accounts tibia money tibia gold tibia item runescape accounts buy runescape accounts runescape money runescape gold runescape gp runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling cheap rs2 powerleveling runescape equipment buy rs equipment runescape runes cheap rs2 runes runescape logs cheap rs2 logs runescape items buy runescape items runescape quest point rs2 quest point cheap runescape questpoint runescape gold runescape items runescape power leveling runescape money runescape gold buy runescape gold buy runescape money runescape items runescape accounts runescape gp runescape accounts runescape money runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling tibia gold dofus kamas buy dofus kamas wow power leveling wow powerleveling runescape questpoint rs2 questpoint Warcraft PowerLeveling Warcraft Power Leveling World of Warcraft PowerLeveling World of Warcraft Power Leveling Hellgate money Hellgate gold buy runescape logs buy rs2 items cheap runescape items Hellgate London gold Guild Wars Gold buy Guild Wars Gold runescape items rs2 accounts cheap rs2 equipments lotro gold buy lotro gold buy runescape money buy runescape gold buy runescape runes lotro gold buy lotro gold runescape money runescape gold cheap rs2 powerleveling eve isk eve online isk buy runescape power leveling rs2 power leveling tibia gold tibia item runescape accounts Fiesta Silver Fiesta Gold Scions of Fate Gold Hellgate Palladium Hellgate London Palladium SOF Gold Age Of Conan Gold AOC Gold ArchLord gold tibia money tibia gold runescape accounts runescape gold cheap rs2 powerleveling buy ArchLord gold DDO Plat Dungeons and Dragons Online Plat