7 things I plan to do before I die:
1. Visit Europe - Go to Luxemburg, The Netherlands (where my friend Ram lived) , Greece ( travel thru waterways), Eat at Indian restaurants at vienna, see the midnight sun at sweden, visit Rome and have fun!!!
2. Write a cookery book - traditional and modern mentioning the need/use of ingredients !!
3. Read many tamil literature books esp. Pathinen Keezhkanakku noolgal. Thiruvasagam/kalamegapular paadalgal are some which kindled my interest in reading tamil to understand bhakthi - Manam 'pulahaangitham' adaiyardhunna ennannu kaatiya books!
4.Take 1 month break from everything atleast once a year and visit a remote kshetram with a huge karungkal kovil in Tamilnadu and rent a 'ottu veedu', cook and eat, live there - no electronic gadgets - melliaya kaathu veesa adha easy-chairla ukkandhu anubavikkanum - just visit that temple every morning and evening "oonuruga 'uyir'uruga thaen tharum thadaagame" nnu meimarandhu kadavula dharsanam seyyannum - in the free time should take tuition for the village kids. I wish to visit atleast 50 places some of which are Thirunageswaram, Vaidheeswaran kovil, Thirukovilur, Sooriyanaar kovil, Vaazhaikurichi, Ambaasamudram (Enga sondha oor), Thirukoshtiyur, Thanjavur periya kovil, Vellore Jalagandeshwarar kovil, Thirumallaii vaiyaavur.. I am so excited when I am just writing about this.
5. Learn all non superstitious traditions, customs, traditional music and practices from previous generations and teach interested people !!
6. Through Sahaayaa, the organization I recently set up, I would like to help as many children as possible with the aid of good people and come up with an ashram of just few children who will not just be given basic amenities but also value based education and vocational training, moral guidance and care !! Do set up a community welfare center in india with gym, yoga center, art and handicraft classes.This is such a long term aasai since childhood and I am happy that I have started the initial steps! If interested in helping, please contact me!
7. Bring my parents once to U.S.
7 things I can do:
1.Can cook variety and eat happily
2.Can sit with book/ painting for hours
3.Can infect enthusiasm on others anytime
4.Can keep myself busy wherever/ however I am.
5.Can plan many things at a time and accomplish most of them w/o getting aluppu ..
6.Can sleep even a full day (24 hrs)
7.Can hurt myself easily
7 things I can't do:
1.Can't control my anger on people who can't respect others feelings (likes/ dislikes)
2.Can't go to bed at 9.00pm
3.Can't live on bread/buns/any junk food more than a day
4.Can't understand electricity and magnetism
5.Can't stop worrying until I find a solution (can't develop 'nalai sangadhi naalaikku paathukalaam' attitude)
6.Can't listen to vocal music and study simultaneously
7.Can't bear with not genuine, boastful people
7 things I say the most:
1.Chance illa !! (On admiration)
4.Mandai kaayardhu (I say this now a days)!!
5.Aneeyaayam / thaangala !!
6.Eruma kadaa (chellamaa); dog !!
7.Hello and bye ( on phone >= 10 times a day & in person >= 10 people a day)(thaangalayaa!!!)
7 things that attract me to opposite sex:
Calmness ! ( and a nature that doesnot allow to talk nastily )
Kuripu arindhu seyalpadhudhal (attentive/ staying sensitive and reacting accordingly) !!
Healthy sense of humor !
Paechil Nidhanam !
Unbiased respect for others feelings !
1. Shahrukh Khan (I was mad for no reason i can think of ...owned a poster of 5 ft - have celebrated his birthday at midnight , distributed 5 star chocolates for 4 yrs in undergrad; Innukku ' baazigar ' paathalum ' maalai maalaiyaa' azhuven avan saagaraannnu !! )
2. Boris Becker (Chinna vayasu crush) and 'Ivanisevic' (koncha naal)
3. Actor Vikram ( ever favy )