Some of the songs I mention here are not so popular. Still, I like ...
Aa aah: There are 2 songs that I liked in this movie:
1. Thazhuvudhu : The highlight here is SPB and Shreya Goshal - apt selection of singers. SPB - mann.. his voice is so youthful even now.. Shreya - she is too good at high pitch - the pull of ' kannaalaaa' at the beginning mesmerizes me. And, there is a mild cell phone ring tone like music (t-jingle tone) before first stanza (this has cheated me many times). Recently, the 'gasping sound' between lines is getting popular and here in this song, it worked really well to give the right effect for these lyrics ( if u didn't get what i mean - listen to that gasping effect after ' kadhai onru ezhudhidu kannaalaa...gasp..ilagiya maalai')
2. Thigu Thiguvena Raathiri : This is the song I liked at the first go.. (I listened in Prabhu's car). Here, the highlight is the music aptness. You can just visualize a night even if you dont know the lyrics - the music goes well with lyrics.. When I listen to this, I get a feel of a court in a kingdom where a girl dances before others.The lyrics has lot of ' rettai kilavi '(thigu thigu, gubu gupu..) and good rhyme (angam thangam , miruthamgam vechu paar kacheri; saramai saramaai avasaramaai, amba thaan thodutaanda..) Its hypnotizing..
1. Oru Maalai: This is the song I liked after listening to it many times..After watching in the movie, i feel its that the lyrics is apt with the movie situation. Infact, the tamizh attracts me so much.its pure tamizh - 'eerkum visaiyai avalidam kandene'- its been a long time that I heard the words like visai (magnet), thuridha unavu (fast food),vaadikai kaativittai (made a routine)..its poshy, stylish and brings in lots of dynamism - ''a' oru maalai' takes up the adrenaline levels..
2. Suttum Vizhi Sudare: Here, Sriram and Bombay Jayshree takes the credit..This one - I liked from the start..The words ' mellinam maarbil kanden, vellinam ..'so decently explains the physical beauty. A great way of saying 'so attractive' - 'un kangal, vandai unnum pookal endren' . The lyrics 'ne konjumpodhu mazhai azha gu kannaa ne kovamppattaal veyil azhagu' has a great meaning.When asked what is beautiful - rain or sun , she says rain is beautiful only when he is in a 'loving' mood and sun is beautiful only when he is ' angry' . This means to say she would like to enjoy the nature only as secondary to him (and his mood) and for her, nature cannot alternate to him.
Here, suttum has to be 'sudum' ( say, like in bharathiyar's song suttum vizhisudar dhaan kannama). This is some sort of 'vigaaram' in grammar. But I can't receollect..If somebody can, then let me know..
Mazhai: Mannile manile : Devi Sri Prasad's music is good. Something catchy is there in this song.. Nothing specific to mention.. but I like it..But, SPB Charan has to start singing like a youth and give life to it ( rather than like a 7th class kid).
Kanda naal mudhalaai:Kanda naal mudhalaai: Though its a song in movie, I can just think of God and not as a movie song.. Its mesmering..
1. Uyire En Uyire: Here, again the singers esp. karthik is awesome. Nice contrasting voice between Anuradha Sriram and Bombay Jayashree each good in their own way...Very nice music.. Romantic...Enadharukil ne irundhaal, thalai kaal puyiyaadhe!!!
2. Yaaridamum: I am so happy even to write about it... this is my fav. song in this list.. Great lyrics.great music great singers. so dynamic, so romantic.. Something of my like, kind...I LOVE EVERY WORD OF THIS SONG...
'Iru vizhikaluum vizhikalum' - what a great dynamic start??!!!
'mazhai saaralo en nenjile, sugamaai keeralo en uyirile' - youthful words!!
'nammai vaanam vandhu irakaiyaal vazhthatum'- nicely says 'let it rain'.
oru vinmeen indru sillusillaai sidharudhe '- so much dynamism !!!
and my favourite lines, 'Naan kanavugalil kandadillai, kanavai yaaridamum sendrathillai' -- this line so beautifully says that 'I have never liked somebody before and I have never been liked by somebody also'..
Vitta, I will write about the whole song..May be I am just giving so much hype because i like it. But,listen to this w/o fail..
Thats it for now from me!!