Sunday, February 15, 2009

Getting back..

Hey guys

Coming back to blog after a while..nearly 3 months..Well, to those of you who do not know, I finished my Ph.D this December (2008). I am finally done. Just can’t believe that the purpose of my visit to U.S is accomplished. Although I cannot feel a doctor in me, I feel so relieved for getting done, with all the hurdles I faced and all the labs that I changed. Now, when I come to write this post, I feel like I am more of a serious, mature person (which I am not).

Coming to talk about Ph.D, I think PhD just needs patience and perseverance and not that much of intelligence or hardwork as what people think. And if you are a go-getter, it helps (it is not a must to be so) and you can do how many ever PhD’s you want. Plus, you get to see how amazingly you can apply your thinking abilities in day-to-day life (some people think you are a little crazy.. he he) as long as you are not a book worm and would like to have a social world. Overall, weighing the pros and cons, I think it is a positive experience for me.

With this,, I am welcoming myself to blogging again.. he he..

3 comments:

ARK said...

Hi,

Congrats! on successful completion of your PhD.

I have been reading your blog (especially Tamilkkalvi) quite sometime. Sometimes I envy your proficiency in Tamil and the way you give explanation for the songs.

The truth is people have forgotten the wisdom (Thirukkural, Thirumandiram, Thiruvasagam) of our ancestors and glory of the past.

Thanks a lot for the good work may god bless you with all what Abirami Pattar asks for in "Danam Tharum.. "

regards,
Karthikeyan

A R Karthikeyan
Research Scholar,
Electrical Engineering Department,
Indian Institute of Technology Madras,
Chennai - 600 036.

http://karthikeyan.rajarathinam.googlepages.com/

Aravind said...

congrats..
R.I.P all those elis,sundelis,peruchaalis..

expertdabbler said...

congrats!!!